Monday, August 9, 2010

Wildcat Rampant!

Yes, I know I'm probably breaching protocol by releasing super-top-secret yearbook graphics before the school year's even begun... but I haven't done any art in such a long time, so I felt rather happy with how this came out xD

Although,, in Retrospect [-GASP!- Product Placement!], I should probably have added some more stylized whiskery bits at the side...

I was looking for some rampant creatures [y'know, the animals holding up the shield in a Coat of Arms] and for the life of me, I could not find a wildcat [or just a cat] rampant. I found lions, unicorns, tigers, deer, moose, narwhal, fish, heron, cranes, heck! Even winged unicorns and mer-horses! So I was forced to eventually make my own. Thank God it didn't fail, or I'd have had to screw the head of a cat onto a lion.

Why a wildcat rampant? It's for a super-top-secret page of the super-top-secret yearbook... you'll see ;)

Mily and I are, and thank goodness she thought of it, doing some things before the school year starts so Yearbook doesn't Eat Us Up.

2 comments:

Glen said...

May I use this on a flag?
gtsecc@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Same question, for a blazon.

Nice work !